Christianity in the Digital Space Symposium under way nowJuly 14, 2009
You all are warmly encouraged to follow the symposium Christianity in the Digital Space – it’s available in streaming format and its blog site is at http://digitalsymp.blogspot.com/. Videos of past meetings are available on their youtube channel.
The Rev. Mark Brown is speaking at this moment; N.T. Wright will also be speaking, and Ailsa Wright (Helene Milena at the Cathedral and in our Bible study) has already given a short presentation.
This is also an excellent opportunity to “virtually” meet & connect with people who are interested in online ministry. You can follow the conference on Twitter at http://twitter.com/digitalsymp and follow what’s being said with twitter searches http://twitter.com/#search?q=digitalsymp and http://twitter.com/#search?q=digisymp.
This conference is being hosted by CODEC – unfortunately, their site does not tell us what this acronym stands for. CODEC has the following aims:
- explore the interrelationship between Christianity and the media, spirituality and the internet
- understand the development in human relationships and self-perception within a digital media world
- research and develop teaching tools appropriate for a digital media world
- assess and resource the Christian community’s appreciation of the digital environment
- increase the Church’s ability to communicate effectively in the digital environment